PC Freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfourkays

Beta member
PC is locking up at random times. Doesn't make any diff. what I'm doing (Or not Doing.) Requires a reboot. I have swapped out everything but the Mobo and it still happens. Here's what I have: (Home built):
Transcend AKT-4 Mobo; AMD Duron 1.1Mhz; Radeon 7000 Disp. Adp; 620 Mb Ram; Maxtor 20G HDD; Samsung 10G HDD; 350W PSU; NIC; 3 Case fans + CPU.
Windows XP Home.
I've formatted and reinstalled on either HDD, no diff.
Replaced 1.1 CPU with 600Mhz, no diff.
Installed new mem sticks, no diff.
Changed Radeon AGP with SIS PCI Disp Adp., no diff.
Read Temp. in BIOS 50 C, CPU, 37C System temp.
Might run for hours and than lock up. Have all but Explorer and Systray running.
Minimal Services from "Black Viper" list.
Looking for reassurence that I've done eveything before I replace the Mobo.
:(
Any help will be "GREATLY" appreciated.
Pete

PSU is brand new. The old one was 300W, this is 350 Antec.
Used a 512Mb Crucial, failed, switched out with 512 Mb Kingston. Same thing. Interesting about the caps., just had an IBM NetVista for repair, out of warrenty, brown, oozing caps, IBM sent tech for nothing.
Not problem here, Caps look good.
Pete:angry:

hmm,..i presume you've checked your bios settings

have you tried running your system with just one HD?..also check your cables

Flashed the BIOS a while back. It's up to date. Also ran with what Transcend calls "Fail-Safe" or the minimal settings.
I've run the XP on both HD's, independantly. Completely disconnecting the other HD.
I'm taking a closed look at the cap."s now that you guys bring it up.
I don't see anything obvious like I did on the IBM but they are the same color config.
This is really starting to annoy me:angry:

E-Mailed Transcend Mobo support and got a reply in 15 minutes. Never heard of that before.
Anyway, he said they were having Cap problems with some boards the same as mine. Close inspection shows the start on 2 of them.
Board's out of warrenty from "Geeks" so I'll wait for NewEgg to have a sale on AMD's.
Thanks to you guys for the help.
Pete:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom