New laptop

What have we been saying all these 2 pages? Don't get HP, OK? I don't know how many times we told you so. If you want the HP that bad, go straight ahead. Don't come crying to us when it breaks. We warned you.

What have we been saying all these 2 pages? Don't get HP, OK? I don't know how many times we told you so. If you want the HP that bad, go straight ahead. Don't come crying to us when it breaks. We warned you.
Wow, calm down man. I didn't say I would buy the HP. He said that warranty was an issue, I thought if I could get the HP within a 1 year warranty I'll be guaranteed that I wouldn't be screwed if it breaks down.
I'll continue looking, I'll stay away from Dell and HP. What brands should I be looking at, other than Acer?
Thanks for all the help.

Wow, calm down man. I didn't say I would buy the HP. He said that warranty was an issue, I thought if I could get the HP within a 1 year warranty I'll be guaranteed that I wouldn't be screwed if it breaks down.
I'll continue looking, I'll stay away from Dell and HP. What brands should I be looking at, other than Acer?
Thanks for all the help.

Other brands to look at would be Asus, Lenovo, Sony (depending on the model) and Samsung.

Which models of Sony should I be looking at?
And what about Toshiba? Is Toshiba any good?

Toshiba is good, but their lower grade laptops are not meant for gaming. However their high grade laptops are excellent at gaming. Those run for about 1.5 to 2 times you budget.

Ah, alright. I found a Samsung laptop which was at like 5000 EGP, similar to Acer but it has a Radeon HD 5650 while the Acer has GT 540M. Is that GPU worth the price difference, which is almost 1000 EGP? ( the acer is like 4000 EGP ).

The screens are essentially the same. The processor in the Acer is better. If I had to choose between the two, I'd go with the Acer.
Alright thanks, but why is the Sony more expensive if Acer is better?
Oh and I got more couple of questions :
1)I'll probably have to get a cooler, what's the best brand of cooler that'll achieve the maximum possible cooling results?
2)Are there any checks I should do on the laptop on my first day of buying it, to check if it's good or not? Like ram checks, CPU checks, GPU checks etc?
Thanks for all the help so far :D. I'd +rep you both but I gotta spread some first.

Back
Top Bottom