Need some Netbook Advice

neomartin

Solid State Member
Hi Everyone!

So I recently got a new 7'' Netbook as a gift for my nephew. He really likes it, but I do not think I am getting the most out of the netbook. So I'll need some expert advice on what can I do on this netbook. Perhaps there are accessories or some other things that can improve its performance?

Here's the site I bought it off of. It also has its design and some of its features...

7 Inch LCD Film Computer

So please feel free to share some of your knowledge on this Netbook. Any help would be gladly appreciated! :)

With that ARM processor, there isn't really a lot you can do.

What is on it, Android?

Improve it's performance? do you mean its speed or its productivity?

The ARM processor isn't really the limiting factor. The 128M of RAM and only 2G of storage are pretty limiting though. I doubt a device like this can be expanded in any way, what OS is it running? The screen shot looks like Windows XP but that could be faked.

It is faked. The screenshot shows Windows XP, but the only version of Windows ever designed to run on ARM processors is not even scheduled for release till Oct. WindowsRT is the only version ever to work on ARM, Windows XP can't and wont work on ARM. So that is faked.

So that means it has to be running some sort of custom OS. Either Android Based or otherwise. Sadly not many of us will know of this exact model as we never heard of it till you posted it. Will need some more info from you before we can be of assistance.

Oh, I never realized that nobody really knows about this model. I thought that it might be familiar to at least some people, but I guess not. :( But thanks for the attempt to help, all of you. I'll try to figure something out.

It is faked. The screenshot shows Windows XP, but the only version of Windows ever designed to run on ARM processors is not even scheduled for release till Oct. WindowsRT is the only version ever to work on ARM, Windows XP can't and wont work on ARM. So that is faked.

So that means it has to be running some sort of custom OS. Either Android Based or otherwise. Sadly not many of us will know of this exact model as we never heard of it till you posted it. Will need some more info from you before we can be of assistance.

The ARM thing never even came to mind. I guess I've been hearing about Win8 and ARM support so long I forgot that Windows hasn't yet supported it.

Back
Top Bottom