Radeon 9800 pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

gomer555

Baseband Member
im looking into buying a radeon 9800 pro 128 mb. im just wondering, with so many card manufactuers, which one would be the best bet. ive looked into visiontek, powercolor, sapphire, and so far im going to get the visiontek one. Would it just be best to buy that card that is made by ATI (OEM i think its called?). Any input would be appreciated...thanks.

i have the ATI 9500 and am planning to upgrade to the 9800,i love the flexibility of ATI. if you doing graphic design or are a gamer or maybe just like the TV tuner option ATI is the best! the software and firmware upgrades from ATI are right on time as well...go with the ATI!

Either an ATI or sapphire 9800pro would be a great card to get. If you want to oc your card a little the ATI cards dont ship with a heatsink that can take large increases, the other brands have more flexability in ocing.

ATi or Sapphire would be the best choice (imo).

Some manufacturers still use the standard TSOP chips on boards that were intended for BGA chips. There is no performance difference between them.

If you buy a Sapphire MAKE SURE you don't but the Sapphire Atlantis 9800 128 bit version.

Sapphire manipulated it's consumers by releasing a 9800 Pro without indicating clearly that it had a 128 bit bus width. It was a public embarrasment and they actually had to issue a public apology and that is why now you have a Sapphire Atlantis 9800. They use that name for their 128 bit 9800 now. Before there was no differientation.

Honestly pay the extra bucks and get an ATI one. The quality is better. Sapphires are good but like I said make sure you buy the correct version. I have heard bad things about Powercolor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom