modem problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

devlish96

Daemon Poster
my moms computer is on dialup, and everytime the phone rings for that particular phone line,..the computer is being powered on.

she used to cope with this just by turning off or unplugging the AVR.

anyway, how do I disable this function?

the pc is an Intel p4 1.7, Biostar m7sxd, modem is an Accton Cheetah modem ac-m1201 v2, XP Pro

thanks in advance!!:)

I used to have a modem wakeup feature in my old bios so I assume there should be some function under the power tab of her bios that should disable the modem wakeup feature. Or modem startup. If the computer is totally turned off and this happens it has to be a bios setting issue. Just look around it has to be somewhere in there.

yeah, man...i totally suspected that,..i'd have to find the mobo manual. problem is,..im not familiar with this bios wakeup/on-off events feature. thanks anyway.

yup, i saw that when i was working on the bios,...its set on AUTO,..however,..there was no disable option,..only irq 6,7,8 or sumthing like that...

thanks man,..i've been reading it the entire day. anyway, i think i already figured it out. thanks again...

I have got this Accton Cheetah modem AC-M1201, but I am missing the driver CD. Could someone send me the Win2000 and WinXP driver, it would be a real help. Even a location where I could download is fine too.

Thanks in Advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom