HELP can't boot off of floppy disk or cd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitsu3kGTVR4

Baseband Member
I just installed a new system board on my IBM T22 and everything is the same except I am using a hard drive that came out of my IBM A22 which had XP on it.

When I try to boot off of the floppy drive or dvd drive it just loads XP. When I get into XP it sees the floppy and dvd drive fine and can read whatever media is in there.

I tried booting with a Win98 startup disk and XP Pro cd

any suggestions?

Mitsu3kGTVR4,

Did you change the 'First boot device' in the bios ? If not, goto BIOS by pressing 'DEL' key when you start your computer, change your first boot device to floppy or CD , save settings and restart.

codes:)

now i tried another hard drive that's formatted, attempted to boot off the floppy and cd drive and the only thing that comes up is "Invalid system disk Replace the disk, and then press any key"

(i just used the same boot up disk in another laptop to format the hard drive, so it's not the disk)

Mitsu3kGTVR4,

What abt setting 1st device to CD and booting with it ? Maybe floppy drive is crapped out.

codes:)

yeah i've tried both... still nothing

i can't update the bios either because it won't boot off of the disk...

FINALLY!

there's an option in the T22 bios for legacy boot or superdisk boot under "floppy drives"

i disabled legacy and enable superdisk (they were both enable before) and now i can boot off the floppy drive

just gotta figure out how to boot off of cd now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom