Changed my mind.. AGAIN

The G75 from TD:
- Not 1080p (but you might be able to upgrade the screen to a full 1080p HD screen - I did this with my G73JH; it only had the 1600x900 screen and upgraded it from LAPTOP SCREEN, LCD panels from $42. Dell, HP Compaq, Toshiba, Acer, IBM Lenovo, Sony, Gateway, Apple, Asus replacement screen display panel).
- Slower HDD (same size, 500GB, but 5400RPM versus 7200RPM 500GB from Newegg)
- Larger (same res) screen (17.3" versus 15.6")
- More (off brand) RAM (12GB vs 8GB)

Fixed.

The screens aren't the same res, tj. The One from Newegg is 1920x1080, the one from TD is 1600x900.

So should i do the TD, even tho the RAM is off brand? i feel skeptical as to why the TD one is so cheap

So should i do the TD, even tho the RAM is off brand? i feel skeptical as to why the TD one is so cheap

Sorry, didn't mean to confuse you. The RAM in my G75 (I'm assuming it's the same in all of Asus' G series) is an off brand; but it doesn't really matter as it performs the same and if anything ever happened to it it's an easy upgrade/replacement.

What do you recommend? does the HDD speed really matter? Also this thing is going to be carried around a bit, not too much tho, just thought i would add that.

The biggest factor that the HDD speed plays into it start up/shutdown times. The HDD in the Tiger Direct model is a 5400rpm drive. My G75 came with the same HDD, but a 1tb variant. Before I put an SSD in mine and was using the HDD as a boot drive, boot times were around 30 seconds. Better then I expected with a 5400rpm drive. With the SSD as my boot drive it takes about 10 seconds from cold boot to desktop.

If you'll be carrying it around a lot; you may want a backpack. I bought this one for mine:

Newegg.com - Everki Black Beacon Laptop Backpack w/Gaming Console Sleeve, fits up to 18" Model EKP117NBKCT

Pricey, but then again you're buying a $1400 laptop. Don't wanna cheap out on a case for it, eh?

Back
Top Bottom