hmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yadgadge

Baseband Member
My Athlon 64 3000+ socket 754 is running at 60- 65C, I've seen alot of people getting around 40C what should I do?

*edit* I might have the wrong kind of HSF for my processor type, I'll post later after I do more research.

reseat the heatsink. I did it on a 64 system I built and it lowered the temps by 10C cause I didn't really seat it too cleanly the first time. AMD64 heatsinks are a pain in the ass if you ask me

NM on my Edit, I have a Thermaltake Polo 735 ( was thinking I had a Volcano because when I bought it the store clerk said he had a Volcano). I did remove it after the first install, when I desided I had put too much thermal paste on it, I removed most of that as you barely need any at all I'm told. I'm running the HSF on manual fan control, and I have it up at top speed which is 5500 RPMs. My Chasis temp stays about 30C all the time.

At first the Processor was running at 68 - 70C just idle, that was before I removed alot of the thermal paste, now it is in the 60 - 65C range, but I still feel thats high. There doesn't seem to be any stability issues, so I'm not really worried, just bugs me sometimes thinking about it, and would rather it didn't run so hot.

Oh, and when I touch the copper part of the heatsink, it's not hot or anything, barely even on the warm side last time I tried (I don't think I had had it running for long tho). And that 60C is what it is at right when I start up my computer.

I think 60c is usual running temp for a amd 64, but you could put some fans on your case to get it down more, but i dont know how much of a difference it would make.

Got 4 case fans, I'm going to try to maybe make it a bit cleaner in there (tie up the wires so its not so messy looking) might improve air flow. I think part of the real reason it even cooled down was because the temperature outside has gone down (in minnesota), and the room temp is lower than it was when I first got the processor. One guy I talked to said his friend runs his Athlon 64 at like 80C, which is 10C over what AMD's site recommends as th max temp for 64's, which is also why I'd like to cool mine down more, because of what AMD's site says.

have you got the fans as 2 intake and 2 exhaust? as if they are all intake, it would be like an oven in there.

A huge copper hsf will decrease your temps, as well as good air flow. 30C for the chasis, isnt that a bit high? A intake on the side of your case over your pci or cpu does cool it down alot.

My case is pretty old now, like maybe going on 2 or 3 years, so it doesn't have any side fan spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom