Dual GPU Question

I mainly play MMOs, but I play games from other genres nearly as often. I don't expect to play on the ultra settings in every game though, I don't have a budget for that as of now.
My motherboard model is: MSI MS-7778 and my total power wattage is 300W. I suppose that's all you need to know?
Here is the link to my desktop model if there is anything else you need to know HP Pavilion p7-1200 Desktop PC series*-* HP Pavilion p7-1240 Desktop PC Product Specifications - c03353576 - HP Business Support Center

I also noticed something in the motherboard section of that site I linked you: ''*Integrated video is not available if a graphics card is installed.''
- ''
Either integrated graphics or the PCI Express x16 slot are usable at one time; they are not usable concurrently'' does this mean it's not possible to hybrid crossfire after all or is it just the 2x PCI crossfire option?

Hen first released, hybrid wasn't possible a far as I can tell, but it was then asdded a couple months ago, but you may be dependant on a HP driver update.

Ugh 300W psu, won't get you much at all and not worth gaming.

The best card that'll go is a nvidia GT 520/620 as they run on 300W psus.

They'll you about $60 at newegg

If I was to buy a new power supply, how much would be appropriate for mid range GPUs?

You'd be looking at a minimum of $60-70 before rebates for a power supply.

Hmm, very intresting.... Acfcording to tom's, your cpu/gpu will play WoW at nearly the same fps as the standalone card....
Benchmark Results: World Of Warcraft: Cataclysm : AMD Trinity On The Desktop: A10, A8, And A6 Get Benchmarked!
vs
Benchmark Results: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm : AMD Radeon HD 7770 And 7750 Review: Familiar Speed, Less Power

I think to get noticeable improvement, you're going to need to spend over $200, like you posted before and get a 560 card, or equivlant amd. Though toms shows 70's fps in WoW, and newegg has them for $135 Which isn't tgoo bad at all if WoW is the type of mmo you play.

Back
Top Bottom