In need of more RAM

I second crucial.com. It has a scanner that will download to your system and detect how many slots, type of RAM, currently installed RAM, Max RAM and such. It will even offer to sell you the correct RAM should you choose to buy it there.

Okay will download on the laptop and install on the Destop. We don't have an internet connection direct to the tower. So I'll have to download on the laptop and install on the tower.

Okay I'll download the ZIP on sunday as I am going to a friends place for the weekend and so won't be back till sunday. I'll post the specs asap

Okay I have CPU-Z I will run it in 5 mins.

Here they are. Also it's very weird but CPU-Z doesn't know the manufacturer of the Mother Board. I placed the (Unknown Manufacturer) line next to it's model. It knows the model but not the maker. Here's an upload of the TXT file. AWWWW COME ON!!! I Can't upload as it says I exceed the file size??? I'll compress it. 1 sec:

here's a link on it for media fire: Free Cloud Storage - MediaFire

Also it is password protected as I don't trust anyone. The password is knight

Okay I have CPU-Z I will run it in 5 mins.

Here they are. Also it's very weird but CPU-Z doesn't know the manufacturer of the Mother Board. I placed the (Unknown Manufacturer) line next to it's model. It knows the model but not the maker. Here's an upload of the TXT file. AWWWW COME ON!!! I Can't upload as it says I exceed the file size??? I'll compress it. 1 sec:

here's a link on it for media fire: Free Cloud Storage - MediaFire

It does that when it's not known it its database. That's what it's using to look stuff up with: just a database of information.

Also it is password protected as I don't trust anyone. The password is knight

:SeriouslyChan:
So you say you don't trust anyone so you password protect the archive... yet you post the password on a public forum on the internet. Think about that one for a second ;).

Okay I have some 512MB chips from the old tower that didn't work. I might remove the 216MB chip and replace it with one of the 512's. This may be the most cost effective option.

Back
Top Bottom