Changed my mind.. AGAIN

Mattmatt

In Runtime
I know, I know, I change my mind wayyy too much, but my parents said no to the desktop. I said the only laptop I would get would be a mac, but no, I found a computer that I love. After about an hour of my parents telling me no to a desktop, and 3 hours at microcenter, I have decided to buy a gaming laptop, the one I have chosen is a Newegg.com - ASUS G55VW-ES71 Notebook Intel Core i7 3610QM(2.30GHz) 15.6" 8GB Memory 500GB HDD 7200rpm DL DVD+/-RW/CD-RW NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M and from the looks of it is very nice. I am really excited to get one, and if you guys have other suggestions of a laptop within the same price range, just post it below!

Should I buy off tiger? I haven't decided which I would want, does the RAM really make a huge impact? they are both the same price, the one off tiger is bigger, better ram, and slightly worse of a graphics card.

Get the best CPU and GPU you can. You can always upgrade RAM / HDD for cheap later.

CPU / GPU's you can't usually upgrade.

^ What he said.

Don't feel sketchy about TigerDirect. They are a great company and have good support. NewEgg is always my go to store though.

As far as ASUS, they rock at almost everything they do. My tablet, laptop, mobo, video card, screen, and some accessories are all ASUS. Their laptops especially are awesome, and the warranty is tough to beat.

I'd go for the newegg model. It has a better video card and a better chassis. You probably don't need a blu ray burner :/

Enjoy

Thank you guys! It looks like I will be ordering the newegg model, unless anybody has a laptop suggestion!

I gave the G75 (17.3" version of the G55) and it's my favorite laptop, ever. You won't be disappointed at all. The 660m is a beast of a GPU, and I've managed a good stable OC on mine; though it's not really needed.

Thank you guys! It looks like I will be ordering the newegg model, unless anybody has a laptop suggestion!

I'd probably say go for the Newegg model as well. The "stealth" design in the G series tends to be able to try to keep them a bit cooler.

Back
Top Bottom