Chick Fil A argument.

What say you?

• It's his right as an American to feel this way.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think he's an idiot and a hypocrite. Gay marriage is fine.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PP Mguire

Build Guru
So, what is your take on this whole owner vs gay marriage thing? Interested to hear what some of you might have to say.

My personal belief, I don't care either way if gays can get married or not. I feel if they want to that they should be able to as I have no religion holding my judgements sway.

I DO think this guy is a total hypocrite hiding behind the Bible for his own personal belief. If he really felt sticking to the Bible was such a big deal then he wouldn't be serving bacon on any of his sandwiches.

Edit: If any mods decide this is a too touchy of a subject go ahead and close.

Gay people have as many rights as anyone else. Though this might lead many people to stay away from this company which is kind of wrong.

Judging a company based on the prejudice of one man is just as bad as coming out against rights for Gay people.

Unfortunatly, I also disagree with your poll choices :p American or not, the point is everyone has a right to choose. I dont date fat chicks, thats not me being sexist or hating fat people. Its just a personal preference on how I live my life

As for an idiot and a hypocrite.... well, thats subjective. Hypocrite probably works, but you're supposed to be remaining impartial when running a poll lol.

Too many people take religious belief too far these days. Like believing every word in the bible is perfect.
IMO, the bible has always been a set of rules to try and live your life by, with a ton of imbelished life lessons. At the time, Gays were ostrazised however things need to change.

Who here calls for Bible V3.0? :p

The dude actively spoke out on public radio his opinion against gay marriage. Last I heard gay couples were getting denied service in the Chick Fil A I used to go to in my old town. That being said, I think judgement should be had. Many companies are pulling away from them and they can't even expand or build in Boston.

I;ve been constantly editing my posts too ;) but yeah, I googled it. I thought you meant like this websites owner or something rofl.

- See, you couldnt get away with not serving gay people in England.
Shop owners have a right to refuse service to anyone they like but usually only on something like them harrassing staff. Personal choice shouldnt come into business lol.

Gay or straight, their money is the same. (Unless rainbow dollars are now a currency)

Infact one couple in the south of england tried to do that at a hotel they ran. The backlash against them was murderous.

I put idiot and hypocrite because that is essentially what he is being. Think of it more from an American point of view where religion plays a big role in a lot of things going on over here. He was an idiot for saying what he did on that public radio station and a hypocrite for serving bacon which is against the Bible. It's one thing for him to have a religious opinion, but it's another thing for him to be like, dude we ain't serving gays cause the Bible said so.

the problem is, you're criticising his life choice and making a show of his flaws.
However right you are, whats the difference between you slamming him for hating gays, and him slamming gays because they're not in the bible?

Many police departments from my understanding have stated the company as a whole can be charged with inciting hate crimes, among various other things for denying service to people based upon sexual view points. Religious or not, he is highly pushing his luck.

the problem is, you're criticising his life choice and making a show of his flaws.
However right you are, whats the difference between you slamming him for hating gays, and him slamming gays because they're not in the bible?
That's my point, he is slamming gays because they aren't in the Bible, but yet serves bacon on his meals which is also against the Bible. Hence me slamming him for this particular decision. ;)

I don't care if he personally is against gay marriage, I don't care if he upholds the 10 commandments. My point being, if he is going to hide behind the Bible for one thing, then he is a hypocrite for making the other thing not a big deal.

Back
Top Bottom