Looking to upgrade

Thank you for your opinion... Ok so it is between these 2 then:

1. Newegg.com - EVGA 04G-P4-2686-KR GeForce GTX 680 w/ Backplate 4GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
2. FTW version: Newegg.com - EVGA 04G-P4-3685-KR GeForce GTX 680 FTW Standard, w/Backplate 4GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Only thing I'm concerned about is that it seems the FTW version is longer which might make it incompatible with some water cooling blocks...

Get the 2686 KR with the back plate. Piece of advice, if you ever intend on water cooling always get the reference PCB and the stock clocked card. Reason being, custom PCBs hardly ever get a water block made unless it's something reputable like the 7970 Lightning, or eVGAs own Classified boards. Stock clocks because well, if you plan on water cooling then you better be overclocking your own stuff or else it's just pointless.

Thanks for the info PP... I'll be ordering the 2686 KR in like 2 weeks... I look forward to a beast of a video card. Plus this gives me a reason to buy a new loop for my water cooling!

Back
Top Bottom