Need advice on buying hardrives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffrey99

Baseband Member
I'm thinking of either getting a hitachi or seagate brand hard drive. The question is what should be the amount of capacity 80GB or 120GB.I like to download music files and video files and play games would 80GB be enough or should i go with the 120GB. And second should i partition my hard drive into sections.

well, judge how much space you will need by how much you have now and how much you have used. obviously the 120 is 40gb bigger, if you think you would use the extra 40Gb then go for the 120. I personally would buy the 120 because they arent much more expensive than the 80's.

as for partitioning - i wouldn't, because you might want to change them later and unless you have partition magic you won't be able to change them without reformatting your hard drive. instead of partitioning - just make another folder, it does exactly the same thing, and then you can change it around as much as you like.

I would get 2x60GB harddrives and partition the OS harddrive into 2 sections. 1 for OS the other for other stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom