Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A8

• Other laptop

• Total voters

Geoman37

Baseband Member
Basically I have around £400 to spend on a laptop that i want to run adobe products (mostly flash) and some games on low or maybe medium settings (i recently bought the valve complete pack in the sale). I found a laptop range I like (HP Pavilion g6) but i dont know wether to get the one with the A8
(HP Pavilion g6-1331ea Notebook PC Product Specifications - HP technical support (United Kingdom - English))
Or save up for the one with the I5 in
(HP Pavilion g6-1384ea Notebook PC (A9Y29EA) specifications - HP Home & Home Office products)

However i am considering waiting until i have enough money to buy an even more powerful laptop (dont want windows 8 though) or are there an others you would recommend around £400/£450 ($630/$710) mark?

all answers are appreciated:big_smile:

For use with Adobe products (not sure if you mean Flash plugins or creating flash) and gaming I recommend the i5 over the A8 every time. That being said, HP has had a very bad record with their consumer line over the past few years and I cannot in good conscience recommend HP. Here's my take. Although I would suggest waiting to buy something more powerful unless you need it right now:

Newegg.com - Acer Aspire V3-771G-6650 Notebook Intel Core i5 2450M(2.50GHz) 17.3" 4GB Memory 500GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M

+1 to TJ. I'd pick an i5 over an A8 for what you are about to do.

HP is nowhere in my books. Like he said, their consumer models are trash. That Acer laptop is about as good as your HP, spec per spec.

ah, ok thanks. by the way which of the two graphics cards are better? I mean the radion hd 6620g or the intel hd?And yes i did mean creating flash not viewing it. but ultimatly i think i shall just save up and get a more powerfull laptop. anyway thanks for the help but do you recommend asus laptops? i mean the asus pc is really good(apart from the crappy graphics card my family decided to get for it ( i think its a chrome 9).

In addition i have just found someone today who might buy my ipod for around £150 so that would add to the budget.

Not sure if anyone is still reading this thread, but i was fairly impressed with this asus with an I7: ASUS A53E-SX1339S 15.6" Laptop - Red buy online | Currys ($835). good buy or not?

UMA refers to when the integrated GPU uses your RAM to supplement VRAM to give it a boost. It's not usually very helpful.

Sorry if this sounds stupid but does that mean it does not have a graphics card and therefore will not be great for games?

Back
Top Bottom