Need help in ASUS Mainboard!

First, you were bright to start a new thread...... Don't listen to him, This threads about a mobo, how would i know you want a psu instead?

For $60 youre not getting the best psu, but Antec is a quality brand.
Newegg.com - Antec Basiq BP500U 500W Continuous Power ATX12V Version 2.01 Active PFC Power Supply
By reading the thread. We don't need 50 million threads for one PC topic.

Anyways, when you buy a PSU you want quality brands because it's a 50/50 chance that if your PSU blows it could just simply die or surge your whole system leaving you with a big ???? as to what is dead or dieing.
With that being said, you want Corsair, Thermaltake, Antec, or Silverstone.

Newegg.com - CORSAIR Builder Series CX600 V2 600W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply

With that you can get a 7870 or a 560ti, or even a 570 if you wanted.

Thank you all very much for the help (specially PP Mguire) - I will now go with the EVGA GeForce GTX 570 graphic card + CORSAIR Builder Series CX600 V2 power supply unit.

Thanks again for the help :grin:

By reading the thread. We don't need 50 million threads for one PC topic.

But why would i want to read the thread? I leave my mobo expertise to others so I usually don't read every thread
Anyways, when you buy a PSU you want quality brands because it's a 50/50 chance that if your PSU blows it could just simply die or surge your whole system leaving you with a big ???? as to what is dead or dieing.
With that being said, you want Corsair, Thermaltake, Antec, or Silverstone.

Newegg.com - CORSAIR Builder Series CX600 V2 600W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply

With that you can get a 7870 or a 560ti, or even a 570 if you wanted.

On the psu, the Antec I posted, the OCZ and that cx600, I'd all put in the same quality level, despite Corsair other lines are top, the cx isn't quite there.

Just to compare, the ocz has 2 25A razils for about 45A total, the Corsair has 1 rail at 40A.
The ocz is modular, so if yhou have a small case this is a huge help.
The corsair has a 5yr warrenty.. OCZ only has 3yrs.
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

I might tend to go for the OCZ. BUT both would be just fine.

After several OCZs around me started dieing I stopped recommending them. They were all different models and different ages. One thing in common, post PCP&P take over. I recommend Corsair because even though their lower models aren't Seasonic OEM they are still pretty rock solid. You can't buy a 50 dollar PSU and expect to run 480 SLI on it. If you buy a cheaper 600w PSU then if you treat it that way it will do just fine.

I gauge it this way personally, I would trust any of the Corsair PSUs over my Ultra X2 550w in my server. It has been running rock solid since 2006.

Back
Top Bottom