First time building computer - Do these parts work together?

Hopefully this doesn't double-post.

@Yami

Perfect! That CPU costs much less for some reason! The motherboard is more, but the one I am getting would be on Ebay, possibly used from china. Which doesn't sound like a good idea lol! I'd be glad to be getting a better one!
If I swap these 3 out with the things on my original post, will it all work together?
And be a bit better, or something? Care to elaborate a bit more on the swap, if you don't mind? :wink:
And is there anything else to upgrade/switch?

Core 2 Duo E8400 -> i3-2100
It's just faster. Quite a lot faster (I'd say at least twice). Since it came out three years after.

2GB DDR2 -> 4GB DDR3
Twice the amount of RAM, and it's faster.

Motherboards are fairly similar but since the one I picked is newer it has newer ports, such as USB 3.0.

Other parts look fine, and will work with the parts I've selected. All cords you need should come with it. The only exception might be video cable to your monitor. What video inputs does your monitor have, and what video outputs does the GPU (graphics card) you're getting have?

I am not sure what those exactly are.

But the graphics card is a Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 6850 1GB PCI-E Video Card (100315L) (150$, 135$ after rebate) from Amazon.
I'd also be happy to get a different one, but it doesn't matter since this one apparently has the potential to play BF3 and Skyrim on Max. And is a good bang for the buck or however you say it lol.

And the monitor I will be using is actually my TV right now.
I don't know much about what you are saying so I'll just say everything about the TV I can get by looking at it.
It says ToC, HDMI, 1080p full hd, 50000:1 dynamic contrast, dolby digital surround sound, hdtv.
And what I think you mean is on the back,
All the things that it says is
DVI-D IN, HDMI/PC/DVI-D AUDIO IN, PC IN, HDMI IN, COMPONENT IN, AVI IN, DIGITAL AUDIO OUT (OPTICAL)

I am not sure what those exactly are.

But the graphics card is a Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 6850 1GB PCI-E Video Card (100315L) (150$, 135$ after rebate) from Amazon.
I'd also be happy to get a different one, but it doesn't matter since this one apparently has the potential to play BF3 and Skyrim on Max. And is a good bang for the buck or however you say it lol.

And the monitor I will be using is actually my TV right now.
I don't know much about what you are saying so I'll just say everything about the TV I can get by looking at it.
It says ToC, HDMI, 1080p full hd, 50000:1 dynamic contrast, dolby digital surround sound, hdtv.
And what I think you mean is on the back,
All the things that it says is
DVI-D IN, HDMI/PC/DVI-D AUDIO IN, PC IN, HDMI IN, COMPONENT IN, AVI IN, DIGITAL AUDIO OUT (OPTICAL)
What he's saying, the i3 setup he listed is going to be 2-3x faster than that e8400 setup in plain English.

The 6850 wont max those games at 1080p. Vanilla Skyrim sure, but if you mod it then no.

Well as long as the GPU has HDMI, and your monitor has HDMI, then you'll be fine (assuming you have an HDMI cable).

@ PPMguire
That's alright. My computer for the past 6 years has barely even been able to play Counter Strike without lag.
At this point, I don't care if everything is on low settings. :p As long as I can play games without an unbelievably low fps, I think I succeeded. Especially for the nice price overall.

@ Yami
Yep, both do I believe.
Anyways, sweet. Thanks for ALL the help!
This turned my un-sureness into certainty.
Thankyou thankyou

@PP Mguire
Sorry, but what is AA?
Thanks for the info by the way, I was just about to ask.

@Yami or anyone
The case I am getting has ports for USB 2.0 and the motherboard I am getting is 3.0 or something. Is this a problem? Just making sure.

And last thing, will the Optical drive (samsung dvd thing) be sufficient enough to download windows 7? Which is all i need it for. I see bad ratings and lots of terms I've never heard of like oem/eom or something.

Back
Top Bottom