RAM Trouble and power problems

foREVer616uk

Solid State Member
Okay so heres the problem i have 4GB DDR2 installed in my machine and windows 7 64bit says that only (3.75 GB Usable), but in the system information it says that there is 4GB installed i have checked sysconfig to mkae sure that there is no limit set and there isnt and i have checked in my BIOS aswell to make sure that nothing has been changed but everything seems to be fine, yes i have considerd that one of my RAM stick may be on its last legs being DDR2 and almost as old as my nan LOL.

and the next one has got me really confused as my pc is being very tempremental it will either power on and do sod all and wont power off, or it just wont power on
i have checked to make sure that all the power leads are connected right and that nothing has come loosed or overheated its really starting to drive me bonkers,

Any help would be appreciated :)

You have 3.75 available most likely because you have integrated video that uses up that 25Mb of RAM.

See if resetting BIOS will help with the power problem.

i have checked to make sure that all the power leads are connected right and that nothing has come loosed or overheated its really starting to drive me bonkers,
Any help would be appreciated :)

Check the power on sleep mode settings in windows and in your bios, seems like the pc is configured to be set by alarm to wake up and turn itself off.
What kind of computer/mobo you got, it will give us the info needed, to tell you how to set it accordingly.

ive checked the thye bios and everything is fine i have tried reseting the bios and still the ram problem persists,

the mo/bo is a saphire PE-AM2RS690V2 - PURE Element 690V and the cpu is an AMD Phenom 9600B x4

the power problems seem to be getting worse as now when i click shut down windows does the usuall and the pc stays powerd on there is no
display or anything just stays on

GAH!! pc's are frustraiting!!

ive checked the thye bios and everything is fine i have tried reseting the bios and still the ram problem persists,

the mo/bo is a saphire PE-AM2RS690V2 - PURE Element 690V and the cpu is an AMD Phenom 9600B x4
Which RAM problem? The one that MoM already suggested was because of an integrated GPU? It even says on the specification page for your board it has an integrated GPU:
"With embedded ATI RadeonR X1200 graphics ..."
Sapphire Technology Web Site

Do you have a graphics card in one of the PCI slots, or are you just plugging the monitor into the back of the motherboard on the rear I/O ports?

the power problems seem to be getting worse as now when i click shut down windows does the usuall and the pc stays powerd on there is no
display or anything just stays on

GAH!! pc's are frustraiting!!
Try running a chkdsk. Open command prompt as administrator (Start >type cmd > right click > run as admin) > type in: chkdsk c: /f /r

It will say something about cannot lock drive and to schedule it on next reboot. Type in Y and hit Enter. Reboot the computer. It should go through 5 stages which could take a while to do.

Which RAM problem? The one that MoM already suggested was because of an integrated GPU? It even says on the specification page for your board it has an integrated GPU:
"With embedded ATI RadeonR X1200 graphics ..."
Sapphire Technology Web Site

Do you have a graphics card in one of the PCI slots, or are you just plugging the monitor into the back of the motherboard on the rear I/O ports?

Try running a chkdsk. Open command prompt as administrator (Start >type cmd > right click > run as admin) > type in: chkdsk c: /f /r

It will say something about cannot lock drive and to schedule it on next reboot. Type in Y and hit Enter. Reboot the computer. It should go through 5 stages which could take a while to do.

i managed to sort it all the ram problem seemed to be caused by surroundveiw i turned that off and the problem seems to have stoped and the power problems was caused because i had WoL enabled and when i disabled it in the bios it kept reactivating so i flashed the bios and installed the update on the sapphir website thats for all the help everyone

Back
Top Bottom