howdy partners!! ( ooo, i sound like a cowboy ^.^)

Milk_The_Elephnt

Baseband Member
hallooo!
i'm a teenager from Coventry, England. I like building PC's and programming them.
i s'pose i'm what you might call a run of the mill nerd, i like Starwars and Star Trek, computers and The Big Bang Theory. I also like to be polite, understanding and i try to have mostly correct grammar.
Currently attempting to write a simple (very simple, like in a few years it MIGHT run a program...maybe... ;P ) Operating System in assembly for 8086. I did try before, but in 16 bit using BIOS interrupts to do the boring bits like printing text and using the floppy drive ect ect. Finding it a little limiting and to be fair, dull I've decided to move into 32 bit assembly ( although i haven't quite started yet...). although i'm certainly not a genius in assembly programming, OS programming or any programming, i'll try to help in this field if i can :)
I highly dislike Object Orientated Programming. Period. ( i find it just to complicated...Assembly, to me, is sooo much simpler! )
Thanks for reading, in a bizzle!! XD

Welcome to Tech-Forums! I go to Cov uni :) OS architecture is a bit out of my field at the moment but it's certainly interesting. I keep meaning to start on Assembly for Notch's next game which is a space sim with a fully programmable virtualised computer.
I had an object-oriented programming (C++) module in my first year of uni. I passed with a bare minimum - not out of difficulty but out of severe disinterest :p

thanks!
mmm, its certainly complicated, and i don't claim to be very good at it, but it does interest me.
yes! i need to start that too, the game looks pretty good acctually. although i think the online will prove a little expensive.
haha, i tried to learn C++ once...i got to making a comand line calculator then got bored :p

Back
Top Bottom