Upgrading fan cooling for HAF 912

NewTechKid

Baseband Member
Hey everyone, I have been doing some research online on the types of cooling and decided to go with adding more fans. Right now I have the two stock fans that came with my cooler master HAF 912 (both as exhaust which I believe I should change) but I want to add fans to the side and top of the case. So I have a few question to see you guys can help me out.

1. What fans should I buy for the top and side?
2. Which fans should I make exhaust and intake?
3. How do I go about connecting more fans to my motherboard and installing one of those fan controller?

1. I like Noctua fans, but albeit, they are a bit pricey. I'm not sure exactly what an alternative will be.

2. Front and side fans should be intake. Back and top should be exhaust.

3. You can get fan adapters to 4-pin Molex. Fan controller would have a main 4-pin molex power, and all fans connect to the PCB on the controller.

Np, bro.

According to its specs:
Top: 120 mm fan x 2 or 200mm fan x 1 (optional)

Front: 120 mm fan x 2, 1200RPM, 17dBA or 1 x 200 mm fan (only one 120mm included)

Side: 120/140 mm fan x 1 (optional)

Rear: 120 mm fan x 1, 1200RPM, 17dBA

You can have a 120mm or 200mm on the top. Tou can also add another 120mm on the front, or use one 200mm fan.

I have the 922, and it has 200mm front fan, 200mm top fan, and 120mm rear fan.

Edit: And yeah, that controller should work just fine. :)

Yeah I think ill go with the two 200mm that way I can move the 120mm fan from the front onto the side of the case. thanks for all your help!

you need to watch out for the mounting on these 200mm fans, there is no standard. I have a 912 case myself and after some researching I found out that it is highly recommended that you get a 200mm fan from Cooler Master to insure a proper mount fit. I got a 200mm Cooler Master fan for the top exhaust from newegg for $20. You can put another 200mm fan on the front too

Back
Top Bottom