Should i upgrade my FX 5200 to FX 5700?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightwish

Solid State Member
I have had my nVidia FX 5200 graphics card for a while now and am able to play most games very well. I play Call of Duty and Warcraft III. I am now wanting to play newer games like World of Warcraft, Everquest 2 and Doom 3. I am wondering if upgrading my card to an FX 5700 will make a difference. ( i can only afford cards in this price range right now). If its not worth upgrading will my current card perform well with these games? I am running an Athlon XP 3000+

No I have that card right now, although it is a nice awesome card you really should save your money and wait until you can afford something like the 6600GT which should be $199 and nvidia performance model card, whereas 6200 is their mainstream and the 6800 is there 'enthusiasts' series which means people who want top notch stuff....anywho, that 6600GT has the new standard memory GDDR3 and will be a MASSIVE upgrade for the price compared to the 5700 and it's current price. Trust me I have this card so I know what I'm talking about ;)

But will my current card handle Everquest2 or World of Warcraft? I plan on playing these games for a while so i want a card that will accommidate these games without spending a lot. And World of Warcraft comes out in 4 days :D

you will be smart to wait til 6600 AGP comes out, best performance for price, 12 pipelines, and same features as highest end cards... sometimes oyu just gotta bite down hard and wait for what you know is best.

But will my current card handle Everquest2 or World of Warcraft?
Yeah perhaps not on the best settings, but get the most up to date drivers and DirectX 9.0c and I'm sure you'll be able to play it....but the 6600 would be definitely worth the wait, should be out here in two or three weeks for $199

considering the cost you will be glad you waited and saved for the better performance cards :) .

Nightwish said:
I have had my nVidia FX 5200 graphics card for a while now and am able to play most games very well. I play Call of Duty and Warcraft III. I am now wanting to play newer games like World of Warcraft, Everquest 2 and Doom 3. I am wondering if upgrading my card to an FX 5700 will make a difference. ( i can only afford cards in this price range right now). If its not worth upgrading will my current card perform well with these games? I am running an Athlon XP 3000+

These benchmarks should help you decide. If you're gonna buy a FX card get the Ultra versions.

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20041004/vga_charts-07.html
http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20041004/vga_charts-08.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom