Video Card PROBLEM!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkknight206

Baseband Member
I need help with my Radeon 9700 Pro. One day I was working on my computer and I went to close it up, but it did't close. I tried harder since sometimes that works, but still nothing. When I went to go find out what the problem was I found a small bent up Capacitor from my video card, which had fallen off and was stopping me from closing the case.

I know I need to solder a new capacitor on, but I'm having a hard time finding a capacitor with the right capacity AND voltage. Luckily ATI and most other newer cards have the capacitor info right on the cap, so I know what it is.

180 uF
16v

Please I need help!

The only thing close I've been able to find are 16v 220uF and 16v 100uF capacitors.

what would happen if I used these?

If I can't use them, does anyone know where I can get the right capacitor.

How did you manage to knock off a capacitor? I cant imagine how. The legs of a capacitor are short so you cant bend them off easily. I havent heard of this before.

I have no idea how it happend. I just looked down and it was sitting there. But thats besides the point. I need help finidng a new capacitor.

take the broke one to radioshack, they are generally color coded and if a technician there has half a brain for the field he chose he should know what you need

why don't you solder the old one back one? or is it destroyed? i would solder small lengths of metal (wire) to the bottom of the cap, then solder those to the vid card's board to make it easier space to work with.

EDIT: that didn't sound right. of course i meant solder the wire to the left over metal pieces that snapped off, then solder those to it's corresponding place on the board.

Also, was it your fault the cap fell off? if you aren't good with an iron, contact the manufacturer.

The old one is too smashed to use it. Capacitors, i know, are supposed to stay the same shape to work properly. If they become bent or cracked the delicate plates within them become distorted and no longer function properly.

turdsandwich said:
OMG wtf are you doing you turd sandwich. What do u have hammers for hands!?!?!?!?! You're an idiot if you can't even fix your computer without destroying it. You probably tried to put the graphics card in the floppy drive, frakin noob!!! Spoons make me pee.
can't wait to see how fast you get banned here, good luck! my bet, no more than two days.

can't wait to see how fast you get banned here, good luck! my bet, no more than two days.
He'll be gone by tomorrow ;) All his stupid posts have been deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom