minecraft lag despite my gtx 670?

gordonie

In Runtime
So I just built a new desktop computer, I have an intel i7 quad core, the 3770k, and an NVIDIA gtx 670 2gb vram. I can run battlefield 3 on ult with 70-80 fps no problem, but for somereason when I run minecraft, and I move around quickly I constantly find myself waiting for chunks to be rendered, I would think I should mever see blackness ever as low quality the graphics are on this awesome game lol

so what gives why does it run so slow? especially when I crank the render distance to extreme using optifine and spoutcraft and such,

also, when I am running minecraft, I never see my gpu go above 20% which could explain the slow rendering and fps, so why does it do this how can I fix it? I want to be able to crank up 10x speed on super view distance and see it all load instantly.

odly enough though, when I stop moving in game, just let it sit there, my gpu meter shoots up to 70% but as soon as i move my character it goes back down to 5%?

thanks.

Make sure you've done all this:
1) Make sure you only have 64-bit Java installed (link: http://javadl.sun.com/webapps/download/AutoDL?BundleId=65693). If you have 32-bit Java installed, uninstall it (you can do so before or after installing 64-bit). Reboot.
2) Have Optifine Multi-Core installed (link: http://*******/404181/optifine.net/adloadx.php?f=OptiFine_1.2.5_HD_MT_C6.zip). Btw, I've found recently I get terrible FPS in Spoutcraft compared to default with Optifine. Make sure to actually install Optifine rather than use a launcher like MagicLauncher to load it.
3) In Minecraft, have it set to Max FPS in the Video options, rather than PowerSaver/Balanced/VSync.

That should get you pretty much as good FPS as you're going to get, except for two MC updates from now when they'll be doing loads of optimisations (i.e., version after the next).

Do you have an SSD? (Solid State Drive). Minecraft can load chunks much faster when it's on an SSD rather than a normal hard drive. This particularly can cause FPS drops if you're going to be on Extreme render distance, since loading so many more chunks seems to slow down the game.

1)yes i only have java 7 update 5 64bit installed
2) yes I am using multicore optifine for the vanilla launcher and i installed it myself
3)i have set it to max fps and I am using a 240g ssf for this

I sucpect it is my internet, i get 2.5mbps download and .5mbps upload on speedtest.net. reason i sucpect this is because when I stop moving and let everything render, my fps shoots up to 200 and my gpu cranks into gear around 50%. but as soon as i move it all plumets.

Ah, you didn't mention this was on a remote server. Yes, that'll slow it down, depending on the server's performance, how many others are on it, and the internet connection speeds at both ends.
What's your FPS when you're playing single player?

Try forcing on Adaptive Vsync in the Nvidia Control Panel.

I sucpect it is my internet, i get 2.5mbps download and .5mbps upload on speedtest.net. reason i sucpect this is because when I stop moving and let everything render, my fps shoots up to 200 and my gpu cranks into gear around 50%. but as soon as i move it all plumets.

That should only matter if you're on a server. Locally (singleplayer) it wouldn't matter.

no one is on the server just me, and i get worse FPS in single player than i do on my server, like 10fps when i fly around with maxed out render distance, note this is the extreme render distance setting not just FAR, extreme using optifine. on far its fine on fps.

Hmm, I get about 40fps on the same settings, plus with 8xCSAA and a few others things turned on in the Nvidia Panel. Minecraft might just not have as good support for the GTX6** series yet - I'm pretty sure they came out after the most recent update.

Back
Top Bottom