First time pc build need recommendations

bigfrog

Beta member
My budget is around $1000 give or take a few. I mainly will be using it for gaming mainly rpgs and mmos. Im looking for recommendations on components i have mouse and keyboard but i do need to include monitor and software in the budget. I'm looking to upgrade over time so i figure i don't really wanna skimp out on the motherboard or processor but i am new to this so i could be wrong. Also, i really like cases that have windows but thats just a visual preference so i can get over it if it helps the price.

Hey buddy, i can try to put one together for you, need to know a few things though. Do you want intel or AMD, and also how flashy/big of a case do you want

well case wise I've been looking at the white corsair 500r which is a mid tower computer case i think and i can live with either proccessor types I've just always had intel mainly because i don't know much of anything about and or any of the products associated with them

thanks just one question though I'm new at this so i might be wrong but is that video card compatible because it says it has an amd chipset?

GPU's kinda ignore the whole AMD/intel thing, they are compatible with any MoBo and CPU as long as its not putting to much strain on the CPU,

I feel like they are both going to be very similar, i do know the R7970 costs a little more, but it also runs alot cooler, Both cards are going to be very good sense they are the top of the line, i guess it comes down to what brand you want haha.

I feel like they are both going to be very similar, i do know the R7970 costs a little more, but it also runs alot cooler, Both cards are going to be very good sense they are the top of the line, i guess it comes down to what brand you want haha.
The 670 is cooler, cheaper, faster, smaller, and takes less power. It is the obvious solution to a 400 dollar budget right now. It is the Kepler/Nvidia trump card. When you bump up the boost clock a bit it matches 680 performance. That is 500+ dollar performance for 400 bucks. I only suggest AMD cards right now if that specific person really wants an AMD card. With all things said, if you put better driver support into the mix you can't beat it.

Back
Top Bottom