first time build/are all the parts compatible

ljgamer1

Solid State Member
hey everyone. currently i am looking for parts to build a decent gaming computer and before i finalize everything i wanted to make sure everything would work. any comments or suggestions would be helpful since this is my first build. here are the parts i was planning on buying.

Cooler Master HAF X Full Tower
Corsair Vengeance Blue 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB SATA III
Corsair Professional Series Gold 850-Watt 80 Plus Gold
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit (full) System Builder DVD 1 Pack
ASUS HD7850 Radeon 2GB DDR5
LG UH12LS28K LightScribe 12x SATA Blu-Ray Combo Internal Drive
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler
Intel Core I7-2600k Quad-Core Processor
ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 TUF Series Motherboard

All parts compatible, but I would suggest a few tweaks.

Go with 3570k, no point in i7 with HT for games.

I would drop down to 8GB of RAM and a 750W Corsair PSU and with the money saved grab an SSD. I have had 8GB of RAM for a while and no game even comes close to filling my RAM to 6GB even. That is with a highly modified copy of Skyrim and no pagefile.

if i were to get an i7 what would you suggest. or is the i5-2500k a good cpu to go with?

the i5-2500k is the one you want.

its like buying an 18 wheeler as a commuter vehicle, because by the specs it has the most power. it's better to buy the ferrari. same price or cheaper, faster for your purposes. unless you need to haul 80k pounds. then get the 18 wheeler.

so which is better...the computer will be almost strictly gaming... 3570k or 2500k?

im kinda curious to know if i will have a hard time fitting the heatsink to the cpu due to the outer layer on the motherboard. ive also heard people have problems with heatsinks not fitting because of the notches on top of the Corsair Vengeance Blue. if anyone has any answers i will appreciate it. thanks.

Back
Top Bottom