Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

samit

Beta member
Can anyone answer me one question? My 19" monitor turns on and screen will come in for about 3 to 5 seconds then it goes black but the power to the monitor is still on, I was told it is the flyback causing this. Can I get a 2nd opinion about this please?
Thanks to all who answers, Dave

Does it give an on screen (OSD) display message at all? Also, it is going from 'green' power led to amber and back? Or just stays green like you said? Also, does work it after "warming up" for a few minutes? I've had old monitors that needed a 1/2 hr or more to warm up...

Without knowing more - I'd guess not enough signal strength, or the signal strength is varying. Check cables and reseat/test Video card. If you exceed your monitor's rated frequency, it will do this - but usually not until you switch into your OS where the mode changes...and most monitors should display a "exceeded frequency" osd along with going 'amber'... sorry I can't offer more suggestions.

Try de-guassing and resetting the pincushioning and the rest?

I've never heard the term 'flyback,' - anyone else?

Oh yeah this post is the wrong section - A moderator will more than likely move it...FYI

Chalk

chalk said:
Does it give an on screen (OSD) display message at all? Also, it is going from 'green' power led to amber and back? Or just stays green like you said? Also, does work it after "warming up" for a few minutes? I've had old monitors that needed a 1/2 hr or more to warm up...

Without knowing more - I'd guess not enough signal strength, or the signal strength is varying. Check cables and reseat/test Video card. If you exceed your monitor's rated frequency, it will do this - but usually not until you switch into your OS where the mode changes...and most monitors should display a "exceeded frequency" osd along with going 'amber'... sorry I can't offer more suggestions.

Try de-guassing and resetting the pincushioning and the rest?

I've never heard the term 'flyback,' - anyone else?

Oh yeah this post is the wrong section - A moderator will more than likely move it...FYI

Chalk

Chalk, there is no on-screen messages at all. Windows comes in and I can see all my desk top but only for a few seconds. The power light stays green and my v-card is onboard, and my other two monitors work great with it. I am not sure on how to deguasse it, it has no deguasse butoon like my other two monitors and also, I have never used the pincushions? can you tell me more on this? The flyback is the rubber cup on the back of the tube, that I did find out but I am open to anything that might get this monitor back going it is only 5 years old and since I need the big screen I really need it. Thanks!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom