Is there an issue with my cpu? or is my computer just totally bottlenecked(?)

HeeRoMaKi

In Runtime
I was just curious because I ran CPU-Z Validator 3.1 this today and see my cpu at only 74 freq when it used to be this CPU-Z Validator 3.1 3000 freq the only change hardware wise has been the video card (the 260 died) so was forced to buy a new video card.. most likely im guessing to powerful of a card but should i be worried about why my freq is so low? btw the new video card upgrade I have had a 0 performance boost in games its like same exact fps that i used to have with the 260 which..was a little upsetting.. but does that mean the rest of my computer is just to much **** to handle the card to its full potential? I heard people call it having your computer "bottlenecked" before tho I dont know exactly what that means.

edit: (just noticed the ram is really low too)

I think this is due to Cool N Quiet. It powers down your CPU when not in heavy use.

Oh.. that could explain it then ..that is my fan after all ^_^ same with the ram too though?.. we long as nothing to worry about! but that fan has always been there and like before it used to say 3000...

Back
Top Bottom