Need help (college laptop requirements)

Camorin

Beta member
So on the requirements for college laptops next year I'll need a laptop with a Intel Core i5 2520M, 2.5GHz or equivalent processor.

My current laptop has an amd phenom ii n640 dual-core mobile processor. Does this processor live up to the requirements? Also, the laptop requires 4GB of RAM, my laptop has 4 with 3.75 listed as usable. Does this make a difference? Thanks for the help.

Why do you "require" an i5? What are you studying for?

For RAM, you most likely have a 32-git operating system that can only use up to ~3.5gb

What is your budget also? Depending upon that, we will pick out an ample system.

For RAM, you most likely have a 32-git operating system that can only use up to ~3.5gb

What is your budget also? Depending upon that, we will pick out an ample system.

Or he has a laptop with integrated graphics.

I'm studying biochemistry, not too sure why it's required it could be more of a recommended sort of thing. My parents would be willing to help quite a bit with a laptop so I'm not too concerned. Is my processor far off?

Also, I have a Toshiba Satellite L675D if that helps. The college also recommends a 802.11a/b/g/n wireless card, I have a Realtek RTL8188CE Wireless LAN 802.11n. Would this be a problem?

Back
Top Bottom