Dell XPS 400 will not boot up

ltlvt

Beta member
My XPS 400 is trying to boot but as it is in the process it just freezes with the windows booting screen. i have taken the cover off and blew a lot of dust out of it but now it does the same thing. From what I have read on here it could be the power supply or a fan not runnin.

I'm so green I don't now what the power supply looks like. Could someone post a pic or describe what it looks like and where it is in the tower?

I would like to repair it myself if possible. I am very mechanical capable but don't now much about repairing computers. Thanks

Should be on the top back of your case. Look on the back of your system, where the power plugs in, there is where your PSU is.

I do not think this is a power supply issue. I would rather think it is a software issue. What version of Windows do you have?

OK, I would try last good configuration, click F8/F9 (cant remember which) before the Windows splash. And choose from the list "last good configuration".

We'll start with that, but do you have the XP install CD?

I tried the last good configuration and it does the same thing. I don't have the install disk. Unless I get this computer working i can't write a c/d. I am using a Toshiba Netbook now to access the internet.

Back
Top Bottom