New RAM and MoBo - BSoD problems

pro2a

In Runtime
I've upgraded my system a few times in the last 2 months. The three main things are the 180Gb OCZ SSD, My MoBo and DDR3 memory. My Board supports up to 32GB @ 1866Mhz or 2033 OC. My CPU supports up to 1600mhz which is what my memory is currently set at. More specs in my sig. I was pretty careful to make sure things were compatible, but you never know, I may have overlooked something.

Anyway, every few days I get one of two BSD's. First one is PFN_LIST_CORRUPT 0X000004E, The second is SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0xc0000005. My video drivers were acting buggy so I tried a fresh install of the drivers, that didn't work so I reformatted again since I had just done one to install my MoBo. I'm still having the issues. I believe all my settings are correct in BIOS. My new board has UEFI BIOS, I'm not 100% familiar with it, but I was able to figure out the basics. CPU-Z shows everything as normal and so does crystal disc.

Event viewer called the most recent error Event 41, Kernel-Power (not sure what that means). I'm going to run memtest here in a bit, I'll chime back in with the results. Maybe in the mean time someone can help with ideas. Thanks.

Update: My RAM is fine. Memtest passed 100%

You didn't run it long enough. It takes it a loooong time to find any errors with your 16GB. Let it run overnight. Or just run a check on each stick separately. At least 2 passes.

Those all look like RAM BSOD's.

BTW, you took out your 1337 sig? :cry:

So far 2 sticks are good. My PC is acting really buggy... I'm trying to chase after one issue, which runs me into another and into another... next thing I know I'm fixing something and forgot the original problem. I'm trying to get rid of my GPU drivers, I've noticed that as a common issue. I'm hoping that is it. I really don't want to format again. I'm tired of doing that every time there is a problem.

Here is a list of all the BSD's i've been getting... so far about 5 tonight.

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
BAD_POOL_CALLER
MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

Getting aggravated here...
View attachment 5327

Attachments

• Angry-man_on_computer.jpg
    Angry-man_on_computer.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 80
I just ran Memtest on it again... Nothing.

I'm gonna run 8GB at a time and see if I can recreate the BSD. Which ever 2 does it first is going for a trip back to New Jersey.

*Sigh* I need an easy button. I've already wasted 4 hours of my life pulling my hair out. I'll mess with it tomorrow. As of now, 8GB seems to be stable. I have not been able to recreate a BSD. I'm going to leave well enough alone for now.

RAM is fine. I've run 3 passes over each stick, in different slots. I'm beginning to wonder if my settings in BIOS are off. I had this problem once before and my timings and voltage were off. Once I got them right, everything was peaches and cream. I got a screenshot of CPU-Z SPD with all the timings and such, I'm gonna go screw around in BIOS and come back with an update.

Edit: I've ruled out my memory and motherboard being bad. I reset CMOS and started fresh in BIOS. I looked up timings for my RAM and discovered on the G.Skill forum, apparently there was an issue with the memory controller in AMD processors when more then one channel is filled. Basically I have to throttle back my RAM frequency and timings, which I did. Hopefully this works. Next step, buy an FX AMD processor so I can utilize my RAMS full potential.

*Crossing my fingers*

Edit 2: I've been running stress tests and multiple apps since 3 and I've not gotten one BSD yet. I'm thinking I fixed it :)

Back
Top Bottom