No HDD Detected

Really? Which country are you in? Because over where I am there are 0 PC's that are laptops that have 2 HDD bays. So I guess I am uninformed here due to me being in another country.

Really? Which country are you in? Because over where I am there are 0 PC's that are laptops that have 2 HDD bays. So I guess I am uninformed here due to me being in another country.

Country doesn't matter... a lot of higher-end laptops have 2 drive bays. My Asus G73jh has 2 bays, my friend's Alienware M17x has 2 bays, I've seen a lot of higher end Dell Latitutes have 2 bays at work. Most lower end, or normal consumer-grade laptops won't have 2 bays.

I contacted MSI, they weren't sure what was happening, they sent me a new driver, after installing I still get the No Hard Drive Detected message but it boots to windows now.
Are you actually in your bios settings or is this some type of warning that pops up on the screen before the os loads?

To update this thread, (it is a desktop by the way) after the bios driver they sent me my keyboard would not work in the bios with certain USB ports. Only 2 ports were allowing my keyboard to work. Did some testing with another keyboard, nothing. The original message was before booting to windows on the black screen.
I can't tell if I enabled RAID because I sent the motherboard back to MSI, it should be back next week. It's possible.

Also I have a Dell Inspiron 1720 laptop, it has 2 bays.

That's funny, Inspirons are a consumer version of the latitude. I didn't think they would have 2 but I suppose if you spend enough cash anything is possible.

To update this thread, (it is a desktop by the way) after the bios driver they sent me my keyboard would not work in the bios with certain USB ports. Only 2 ports were allowing my keyboard to work. Did some testing with another keyboard, nothing. The original message was before booting to windows on the black screen.
I can't tell if I enabled RAID because I sent the motherboard back to MSI, it should be back next week. It's possible.

Also I have a Dell Inspiron 1720 laptop, it has 2 bays.
Depending on when you sent it back, you'll be waiting about 3 or 4 weeks to get your item back from them.
Little heads up, your bios maybe at original factory default again, if you know the model number of the motherboard go ahead and pick up updated bios.

Back
Top Bottom