please help me decide which laptop!

so should i get laptop 1 with/without the upgrade or laptop 2?
pretend i am only going to game with this laptop. which one should i get?

here are the links
LAPTOP 1 with upgraded graphics to 1GB AMD Radeon HD 7670M
OR
LAPTOP 1 with upgraded graphics to 1GB AMD Radeon HD 7670M AND upgraded CPU to AMD Quad-Core A8-4500M (3.0GHz/2.1GHz, 4MB L2 Cache)

VS

LAPTOP 2 with upgraded graphics to NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M Graphics AND 3rd generation Intel Core i3-3110M (2.4 GHz, 3MB L3 Cache) dual core

Please re-read my initial post and keep in mind hyperthreading, the amount of ram slots (1DIMM 2 DIMM), the amount of memory, and the videocard. and any other variables you see fit
RE READ MY INITIAL post for all of the computer stats.
Please clearly say which laptop you would pick for games, and why. it would be great if u guys discussed which to get. both of you seem pretty smart with hardware ​so you guys will be deciding which laptop i get. PLEASE pick the best one

Also Its a fact that the AMD graphics card in laptop 1 is better. look at #27,28

Are their any benchmarks for The CPUs I've listed? And what about RAM benchmarks?
I'm going to look those up now.

well according to benchmarks the AMD graphics card(laptop 1) is slightly better...

hey admin or mod im sorry for re posting like crazy. i came back to the page and was not sure why my post kept disappearing. i just relized u have merged them. sorry

hey admin u deleted my original post that had other stats on it... and u deleted their posts(im more concerned about mine because it had specs like ddr, ram and other important things. please return it to original!

return it please. i need to look at the specs because im looking at a benchmark and need to info tht was on the other page.

wait this is page 2 nevermind im sorry. anyway can this post be deleted? its wasting space
EVERYONE IGNORE THIS

As mentioned before, the CPU is soldered to the motherboard. You won't be doing any CPU upgrades. For gaming, and any other use, I would go with the Core i3 (Laptop 2.)

As mentioned before, the CPU is soldered to the motherboard. You won't be doing any CPU upgrades. For gaming, and any other use, I would go with the Core i3 (Laptop 2.)

Some are not, but if you ever could update it, the gain would be very small to nill.

ok i think i've made my decision...
one other question. whats the most important basic components in a list. this is how i think it goes
IMPORTANT TO LESS IMPORTANT

CPU
RAM
GRAPHICS CARD?

is this how it goes?

It's not an ARM processor man ;). CPU's will still be in a socket just like desktop processors.

Laptops are just limited by their board as to what CPU's they can support. If you can upgrade the CPU, it would be VERY expensive, and not gain much. I looked into upgrading my G73's CPU... but I'm only able to go up to the 9xx series, and it would be SUPER expensive for not much performance gain.

Back
Top Bottom