No signal to mouse keyboard and monitor?

iowadudeguy

Baseband Member
Hello i have a computer that all the sudden won't power my mouse and keyboard (the lights dont come on) and the monitor doesnt seem to get a signal (just looks like its in sleep mode). I dont really know where to begin to fix this any help? please and thank you.

Have any upgrades in terms of hardware been made to the computer recently?
Has the computer been opened?
Does the computer turn on when the power button is pressed?
Are the fans running inside the computer case?
What computer make and model is this? If it's a custom computer, what components were installed?

Hello i have a computer that all the sudden won't power my mouse and keyboard (the lights dont come on) and the monitor doesnt seem to get a signal (just looks like its in sleep mode). I dont really know where to begin to fix this any help? please and thank you.

Please explain to me again "wont" suddenly come back on again ?
When was the last time it worked, what were you doing when it was working ?
Also, did you or the OS install any new updates to prevent the system from even posting ?

Start out with taking out all the ram, if your using a usb keyboard try a PS/2 keyboard.
Plug in the power and see if it comes on, make sure to note if the mobo throws out a beep code for no memory.

Plug in a speaker and see what happens.

If the peripherals don't come on again the computers not posting right, I would check the ram first like Mike said.

Back
Top Bottom