Why? It just doesn't seem smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would suggest getting the 2400+ it is only 200mhz less than a barton 2800+, and by the way if you do decide to go for a barton 2800+ ive got an extra i can sell you with heatsink and all, ill even give you a much nicer after-market heatsink with it... but even though i stand to gain from selling you 2800+ im telling you to go 2400+ cause once you read up on overclocking you will want to do it, and be stuck with a chip that is not the best overclocker... just my opinion but if you get into overclocking you will kick yourself later, and 2400+ doesnt have very bad performance at all.

EDIT: ive looked for a cheaper xp-m2400+ and if you're not averse to using ebay there is an item on there that has 2 days left but is only at 19 dollars, being as newegg price on it has jumped(i got it for 83 shipped).
here's the link(if this is illegal then a mod can just remove it, im not trying to break rules just help someone out)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=44935&item=6722565233&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

i would suggest getting the 2400+ it is only 200mhz less than a barton 2800+,
Yeah but the barton cores have 512k L2 Cache which the Thoroughbred cores don't have which the 2400+ is a T-bred...unless which I think I just realized you meant the mobile which in this case you really should specify that you mean the 35w 2400+ XP-M as it's insanely different from the 2400+ XP..... I didn't see a mobile 2800+ I saw a 3000+ though....weird...

Anywho, the 2400+-2600+XP-M's are all good OC'ing choices infact it seems that the 2600+XP-M's can obtain higher OC's on less voltage especially if you look at 4W4K3's signature, he has same mobo as me, different ram and the 2600+ XP-M and he has same OC but way less voltage..

EDIT: ive looked for a cheaper xp-m2400+ and if you're not averse to using ebay there is an item on there that has 2 days left but is only at 19 dollars, being as newegg price on it has jumped(i got it for 83 shipped).
here's the link(if this is illegal then a mod can just remove it, im not trying to break rules just help someone out)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...ssPageName=WDVW
No that's not illegal, and yeah I can't believe neweggs insane price increase cause I got it $87 and now it's at $101!! That's just insane, a lot of people musta been wantin them...

Anywho, the dealer on e-bay has 97% good reviews so I'd say they are reputable, but he's selling the 45w 2400+ XP-M not the 35w and you really want the 35w, but damn for $20 that's a hard deal to pass up

I don't understand the price increase in the 2400+ M. Usually when something new comes out (AMD 64) the prices of stuff that has been out for a while goes down. Have you checked out the prices lately for AGP video cards? I can't remember exactly but it seems to me that they have went down drastically. Probably due to the PCI Express cards.

I don't understand the price increase in the 2400+ M.
As usual everything comes down to supply and demand my man =/ This chip is a VERY popular chip among overclockers, so yes it is true prices go down when new hardware is available, but if old hardware is still in high demand they will raise the prices. Not only that, but christmas season is coming up so prices are bound to be raised a little because 'christmas sales!' are generally BS, they've generally raised the 'list price' and then show you 'their price' which they can make up and make it look like 'You're saving $50!' know what I mean?

Graphics cards are getting cheaper though because no one wants to go backwards into the previous generation cards whereas theres still a lot of people who will stick with socket A, not only that, but the 2400+ - 2600+ XP-M specifically which are great for those high clock speeds, and coupled with good RAM you can get insane RAM OC speeds at that....so there's a few advantages to still sticking with Socket A.

Know what I mean?

Nubius said:

Know what I mean?

Yep!! Supply and demand. I probably won't be purchasing till after Christmas anyway, so I'll wait and see what the prices do and study up on overclocking. Gotta see what the specs are on my mobo.

Good god dude! I swear man it was at $101 just like 3 days ago, I payed $87 for mine, Leonidas got his for $83 I've seen it at $94 they change it a lot

Nubius said:
Good god dude! I swear man it was at $101 just like 3 days ago, I payed $87 for mine, Leonidas got his for $83 I've seen it at $94 they change it a lot

I'm gonna keep a check on it and if it goes less than $87 I'm gonna buy it.

If I searched I could probably find this, but what do I need to look for in my mobo specs to see if it has overclocking ability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom