Portable Hard Drive Capacity

Umm, isn't your external the F: drive? 298GB would make more sense.

Go to Computer Management. Right click on computer, choose manage. Go to disk management, on the right pane.

See what E: is on. If it's your OS HDD, or something else.

You are correct in noticing that my F drive is an external HD. I use this drive to retrieve stuff I need all the time for everyday use.
What I want to do is back up that drive onto my new E drive and stick in a closet. Someday my F drive will die and I cannot afford to loose all that stuff.
I did go to "manage" and noticed that the drive in question has 2 partitions. Can you guide me along to get it to have just one volume Please?
View attachment 5278

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 37
Wup! Just right clicked on that drive/extend and now it's back to showing full capacity.
thanks veery much for the direction!

That works as well lol. If you ever need to resize partitions, though, GParted is usually a better choice than Windows' utility.

Well sometime without realizing it our hard drive gets full of unwanted files and that is mostly because of our internet access. Just check it and star taking out what you don't need, and will have al least 40% more of the space.

external hard drive for Mac

If you've got a PC that's clogged I recommend CCleaner it is a great registry cleaner which doesn't go way too deep but goes deep enough to get rid of 90% of the crap and as for the files well it has a file cleaner as well it cleans pretty much everything so I recommend it without hesitation

Back
Top Bottom