Certain keys aren't working on Dell Inspiron 1545

gaurav1545

Solid State Member
Hi,

I need help to fix my keyboard issue. This is a single user Dell inspiron 1545 laptop and since few days I had been observing that certain keys aren't working on this keyboard. Sometimes they do work but most of the time they don't. These keys are 0 , - , p , [ , ; . Neither do they work without shift key nor with it. I have to use on-screen keyboard to get my workdone. This is tedious. I strongly feel that this must be a driver or keyboard bufer memory issue because sometimes they do work after being continoulsy pressed for 20-30 seconds and immediately after that they again stop working. I am not sure if it is some dust problem underneath those keys or if it is a hardware issue. I have tried to test the keyboard in safe mode but there wasn't any luck. Sometimes it work without any issues when using MSWORD 2007 however since few days those keys aren't working with MSWORD either.

In wait for some help.

Regards,
Gaurav

Late afternoon, I'd also tried to re-install the keyboard drivers from control panel but no luck. I am sure there happened to be no kind of liquid spilled on this since it always stay in my custody. Now I will try to open the panel of the keyboard to do the clean.

I had followed the steps to open the panel of keyboard on my laptop, got the surface cleaned with a soft brush. There wasn't any external nor internal demage visible to surface underneath the keyboard panel. The wires are intact and everything looks fine. Calling up Dell would do no good because it is out of warranty device, they will directly schedule an engineer's visit. So any help would do good to this regards. Waiting.

@Joe, there didn't seem to be any demage to the keyboard - no physical no internal then why should we think to get it replaced. Ain't I write to say "bufer memory issue" ? Since it is intermittent.

It's only my opinion. Things wear out and get funky
You can attempt to uninstall the kb in the Device Manager. Reboot so windows will reinstall the driver and see if that does anything

Well I have already tried to un-install the keyboard drivers and got it reinstalled. Also did the restart after that.

Back
Top Bottom