My First Build

banjoman

Beta member
Hello, i am new to the pc gaming world and i have some questions about my first build. Im sure you all get these questions all the time but i really have never done this before.

I want a computer that can run games without lagging or freezing. I dont need to run them on ultra high settings, just as long as i can play them with decent graphics without them freezing or stuttering is my goal.

My first option is to buy a HP pc that i can customize what i want in it. I made one on there website for $689 and it had the following components:

Intel Quad Core i5 2400 processor(3.1GHz, 6MB Cache)
1TB Hard drive
6GB of Ram
I have the choice of ethier a 1GB Nvidia GeForce GT620 or a 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT630

This seems like a good pc, but i really dont know what you need to run these games as i use to play xbox.

My questions are:

1.Will that PC from HP run all of these new games and future games(MW3, Battlefield 3, RE 6 and others.
2. Is a 1GB Video Card enough or do i need a 2GB?
3. Is a i5 2400 fast enough?
4. Could i buy all the parts and build one cheaper than buying that one from HP.

I sure would appreciate all the advice i can get.

Thanks!

Yes, buying parts and making your own pc is cheaper, plus you don't have to pay for what you don't need. As for that build, the processor is plenty. The graphics card falls short, though, if you're spending close to $700. That graphics card will play demanding games like BF3 or skyrim on low settings. If you could build your own, that would be best.

also, for a list of GPU's, if you decide to build your own, go to
PassMark Software - Video Card Benchmarks - High End Video Cards

Back
Top Bottom