bringing my old back

You get a display now? That is good, that means a component that was removed, could be defective, or have a bad connection. When you get home, shut the PC down, and plug ONE device up at a time, till you find the one that stops the machine from posting. Also, make sure you set the CD/DVD drive to the first boot device when you begin to install the OS.

Thanks cOrrOsive for your help. Got the boot disk installed last night. It did not like they way I formatted and I had to let it do the format. I did the slow format and that took most of the night. It has been on 'starting windows' for over an hour and am waiting to see what it does. Be in the morning before I look at it again.

SeeYa

Did you ever find what device was causing it to not boot properly????

Still working on it. Have not had much time to spend on it. I could not get to the windows page till I disconnected the disk reader/writer. Could that be it? Have not been able to log onto the internet cause I can not get a connection. So that is what I am working on now. Did not think I would have so much trouble. This setup worked quit well before. Never had much problem with it. I do not see how people who do this for a living make a living cause everything I do takes so long. I am Computer Inept. Does the Medical Society recognize that as a disease? Cause I have it.:)

Any easy way to connect to internet? Canot seem to configure the setting for it. Says I have a good conection but unable to log on through the home network or by itself.

HiYa, I had some time to work on this and have just flopped... I got the thing up and running but just cannot get it to go online. I remember the last time I had to download drivers on a usb or something on another computer and load them into this one. But I can not remember what drivers or how I did it. I have looked and looked and cannot find the storage device with the drivers on it. I know I should still have it around. Nothing is ever easy for me.

Back
Top Bottom