Techist - Tech Forum - View Single Post - Old school computer problems!

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 02:27 PM   #20 (permalink)
hikaricloud
Lord Techie

Default Re: Old school computer problems!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxWithADot View Post
Still can't get it to boot into Linux, no matter what I try haha. It doesn't boot from the CD drive even though it is set as the first drive in the boot order. I would make a bootable floppy, but I don't have another floppy drive save the one on the computer itself. Hikaricloud, you're right about the HP being stuffed to the brim, or I would just take the drive out and hook it to a different computer and try to make that work haha! Anyway, if it comes down to it I'll probably just pull the drive and connect it to another PC via a converter.
You could try to manually boot from CD, but I doubt it'll work if it's already giving you a fit with the boot order. Do you have a windows disk to test it with? Make sure it's not the burn for some reason.

Getting the hard drive out will be a chore. If it's the same style box I had, I believe the HDD cage works on a track, there's a release (or a screw if it really hates you) that you can trigger to swing the cage out. If it's the other style case, you may have to take off the front bezel and pull it out from the opening underneath...don't remember if it has a release or screws.
thirdshiftdj - what on earth are you trying to say???
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM or IM.
If I helped you out, or what I just said rocked you like a hurricane, hit the little thingie over there.
<-------------------------------
hikaricloud is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.