First computer build ever - seems unstable, any suggestions?

I actually did disable automatic restart after the last time it restarted, just before starting this thread.
I only seem to have 1 minidump file, and if the first numbers of the filename are the date, it's from Sunday 6/24, which is a restart I never saw. I built the computer late Thursday night, then had to leave for a wedding over the weekend, but I left the computer on while I was gone so it could download some stuff. It was on when I got back Sunday night, and I saw the first screen freeze (issue 1 in my first post) when I got up the next morning.

I'm also not sure if you mean to upload the file to this post somehow, and if so, I don't know how, but here's a link to the file in my dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/38uu9sw48k52ao8/062412-24835-01.dmp
It's only 270 kb, so I didn't see a need to zip it.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by getting you the BSOD info. If the blue screen that came up with the memory/garbage dump or whatever was a BSOD, it was only shown for about 2 seconds, I didn't have time to read anything, so I wasn't really sure it was a BSOD in the first place. Plus, when the system rebooted, it never said anything about a crash or an error or anything to that effect, it just started like normal.

Well, even though nobody has replied since I last posted, I figured I'd let anyone interested know that lowering my Memory speed seems to have gotten rid of my instability problem. My computer has been running smoothly since I did that, no random restarts or shutdowns. The HDMI audio problem seemed to go away too, though I don't know if it was related, but either way my new monitor and speakers arrived today, so I won't be using HDMI anymore anyway. That leaves sleep mode, which I haven't really had a chance to try out since posting this thread. I tried hibernation, but the computer just immediately started back up (but at least it came back up successfully).

Any way, long story short, thanks for the help guys. I never would have known to check CPU-RAM compatibility, so I really appreciate it, and I'm very happy that my new PC seems to be working right now.

Thank you for posting back. Not only does this give TF users information, but it presents a possible solution for anyone who finds this thread in search of the solution to a related issue.

Back
Top Bottom