Decided to build PC, need help

xChargedBulletx

Beta member
I have decided to build a PC rather than buying one. I have selected most of my internal parts, I just want to know if they are compatible and how they will run current games such as Battlefield 3. I am on a $800 budget so this is the best I could do for my first build. Also how do I decide what size case to get? Thanks for the help!

My build::
Intel i5-2500K
CPU Cooler:
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
Motherboard:
ASRock P67 Extreme 4 (B3)
Memory:
Kingston 6GB
Hard Drive:
Samsung 1TB 7200RPM
Video Card:
Asus GeForce GTX 560
Power Supply:
Kingwin 750W
Optical Drive:
Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS

Good start. Few questions/concerns.
1, why 6GB? If it is a triple-channel kit then you need to go back and get an 8GB dual channel kit (2 sticks).
2, If you are only running a single card then you can probably get a better Z68 ASRock board. Nothing wrong with P67 really, just a bit aged already.
3, I'm kinda ehhhhh on the PSU. Better to get a quality brand rather than take a chance at blowing parts up.

This setup is pretty good for the money but with the 560 being non-TI you will be doing around medium settings depending on res (my basis on 1080p).

Good start. Few questions/concerns.
1, why 6GB? If it is a triple-channel kit then you need to go back and get an 8GB dual channel kit (2 sticks).
2, If you are only running a single card then you can probably get a better Z68 ASRock board. Nothing wrong with P67 really, just a bit aged already.
3, I'm kinda ehhhhh on the PSU. Better to get a quality brand rather than take a chance at blowing parts up.

This setup is pretty good for the money but with the 560 being non-TI you will be doing around medium settings depending on res (my basis on 1080p).
Okay so if I am to get the 560TI and get your suggested parts how do you think it will run things. Still medium? I am very new to this so I just selected parts that seemed to fit. Whats the difference between a P67 and Z68? Thanks for helping me!

The admin says his 560ti can run on high and ultra so I would assume that. P67 is the first gen chipset for the 1155 platform. It's older than Z68 and Z77. Z68 can utilize the IGP in the CPU so if you ever need it you can use that.

The admin says his 560ti can run on high and ultra so I would assume that. P67 is the first gen chipset for the 1155 platform. It's older than Z68 and Z77. Z68 can utilize the IGP in the CPU so if you ever need it you can use that.
Awesome. I will replace the P67 with the Z68 and get a 560TI. What would you suggest for a PSU? I would like at least 600 watts. Again thank you because I had no idea what I was doing lol.

Cool. What i have decided to do based on money (building was becoming an over $1000 thing) was buy $600 HP Pavilion H8 and upgrade it. Here is the setup, I think this will do the job for me.

1.5 TB Hard drive
10 GB RAM
AMD six core fx 6100 processor
6mb cache memory
The Corsair Enthusiast Series TX650 PSU you suggested
EVGA Geforce GTX 550TI

I saw a guy on youtube with a very similar setup, almost exact and he is running BF3 on Ultra. Thanks for the suggested PSU, I will be posting here more often when it comes to PCs!

Back
Top Bottom