Which one is the Best?

Rizz84

Beta member
Hello Friends,
I have a problem which I want to discuss with you, I had to find out answer of a question: Are these wireless networks capable enough to completely replace wired networks in future.
I have goggled it and come to a conclusion NO as they have serious setbacks related to speed security etc. Whats your opinion???

Hello Friends,
I have a problem which I want to discuss with you, I had to find out answer of a question: Are these wireless networks capable enough to completely replace wired networks in future.
I have goggled it and come to a conclusion NO as they have serious setbacks related to speed security etc. Whats your opinion???

In my opinion, I don't see any other advantage of using wireless over wired except for mobility. Possibly accessibility is a down side due to the fact of messing around with security keys etc but that also could be an advantage as security is increased with the use of keys! Wired does have the speed and reliability on its side though with cat6 cable being backwards compatible and offering 10gbps if the network is configured correctly. As for expansion, who knows what the futures holds!

I leave my desktop wired and use my wireless for running around with my laptop, I have no reason to replace the wired connection on my desktop with a wireless one.

Wireless networks are just another addition to traditional networks that allow us to have some mobility without the use of wires. I have no doubt the wireless standards will continue to evolve, but there are weaknesses with wireless networks in terms of interference and security. You will always be potentially subject to some kind of interference on wireless networks but not so much on wired connections.

I dont see wireless networks completetly replacing wired networks. The wired network standards are evolving too, from the original 10Mbps wired Ethernet standard then 100Mbps and Gigabit Ethernet, now we have 10G and 100G over copper wires. The newer faster standards are normally expensive and only seen in ISP networks and large enterprises to start with, but eventually migrate out to the edge as a newer, faster standard is introduced.

In due time.

Back
Top Bottom