GTX 670 SLI Cooling

Graham

In Runtime
Hey,

So I have yet to do any kind of crossfire/SLI until this year. I got a Gigabyte GTX 670 with the "windforce" cooler, and the damn thing doesn't go above 65 C even in the most stressful of situations running BF3, Withcer 2, etc.

Question is, will a second GTX 670 work okay at those temps, or do I need water cooling? I have a Cooler Master HAF-X 932 case with three 220 mm fans and a few 120 mm's.... and it keeps pretty damn nice in there.

I can't find any articles online showing whether or not air cooling is sufficient, but in ever youtube demo of GTX 670s in SLI it appears to run fine with air.

Anyone have any input? I'm guessing the GTX 670s will run fine, especially considering gigabyte did a HELL of a job with those coolers.

- Graham

I figured, but just checking rather going thru the hassle of dropping $400 to find that out and need to sell back...

Yes I am VERY impressed with the 600-series power requirements and as mentioned that cooling system by gigabyte is just unreal

I figured, but just checking rather going thru the hassle of dropping $400 to find that out and need to sell back...

Yes I am VERY impressed with the 600-series power requirements and as mentioned that cooling system by gigabyte is just unreal
One thing to note, if you get a reference card make sure it is the bottom card for air flow. If you get an identical card then you'll have no problems at all.

One thing to note, if you get a reference card make sure it is the bottom card for air flow. If you get an identical card then you'll have no problems at all.

Def doing another giga gtx 670 when the time comes

Yeah it's 3x 230 mm fans and 1 140 mm in the rear....

Only thing I don't know is whether or not it's better to have 4x120mms on the side and top over the 230 mms...?

Yeah it's 3x 230 mm fans and 1 140 mm in the rear....

Only thing I don't know is whether or not it's better to have 4x120mms on the side and top over the 230 mms...?
Well it goes without saying that heat rises, so you will want a fan pushing that heat out faster.

Back
Top Bottom