Monitor says no input detected but still works

hewitcm

Baseband Member
Someone just came to me at work saying that the "no input detected" box randomly pops up even though the monitor still works. This might even be a new monitor. I told her to email me if it persists, so I haven't checked on it in person yet. My question is, is this a problem with the monitor or something else. She has a dual monitor set-up. Could it be the video card maybe?

She hasn't gotten back to me yet, so it may be working for the moment. She'll probably leave early today, and I'll check on it to mess with it. I was just wondering if anyone's seen this and what your initial assumptions might be.

It's probably not the monitor...you need more info to diagnose it, but I think she just needs to mess with the dual monitor settings in Windows...also confirm she's not plugging one monitor into onboard and another into dedicated video card or something like that.

She doesn't have a PCI video card. At this point I have switched the VGA cable going to the monitor. All the settings are fine. We'll see if it happens again. I haven't seen it misbehave yet for myself, so it's hard to say.

Back
Top Bottom