"ASUS Set-Up Value is NULL" Pop-Up Windows Boot

zandre88

In Runtime
Hey everyone,

So I've been having a bit of trouble with a recent build. I've had an extremely busy week at my job so I haven't had a lot of time to do much researching but I could use some help.

Here is the build components/hardware:

Motherboard
ASUS P8Z68-V LX LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
CPU:
Intel Core i3-2100 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz LGA 1155 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2000 BX80623I32100
RAM:
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500) Desktop Memory Model F3-8500CL7D-8GBRL
SSD:
Mushkin Enhanced Chronos MKNSSDCR120GB 2.5" 120GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
HDD:
1TB Western Digital Black Caviar (This HDD was taken from my desktop because I upgraded to a larger hard drive)
ODD
ASUS Multi-DVD-RW (A spare ODD I had pulled from another desktop I had)
PSU:
CORSAIR Builder Series CX500 V2 500W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply

My original issue with all of this was after installing all of the drivers for the Motherboard, it was defaulting to VGA and not HDMI as I thought it should be for the main monitor. I had the motherboard set to iGPU mode, as it the manual says to if you aren't using a discrete GPU.

I didn't know and couldn't figure out how to change it in Windows, or BIOS for that matter to default to HDMI and not VGA. Anyways, this guy has been so patient with me, I have had a spare GTS-450 lying around that is about 2 years old. I had planned on just using it with a budget gaming build but I have no use for it so I'm just going to put it into the computer for free. It will give him a little more flexibility anyways.

Regardless, I'd like to know (for future reference), if I run into a problem like this again with a Intel i Core or any other CPU with built in-graphics, and it isn't defaulting to HDMI as it should, where in Windows or the BIOS (I know if it is in BIOS it will vary from board to board but a general idea would be helpful) to change that when not using a discrete GPU.

Now, my current problem, assuming that installing the GTS 450 I'm installing takes away having to worry about the default VGA mode and what not I still have another issue.

Here is my current issue. I am getting a ""ASUS Set-Up Value is NULL" Pop-Up every time Windows boots. I have gone ahead and downloaded all of latest drivers and newest BIOS for the board listed above. I haven't had a chance to install them yet but plan on doing that here shortly.

However, if that does not fix the problem, and I am still getting the "ASUS Set-UP Value is NULL" pop-up at the beginning, how should I go about troubleshooting the problem to figure out what is causing it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hey everyone,

So I've been having a bit of trouble with a recent build. I've had an extremely busy week at my job so I haven't had a lot of time to do much researching but I could use some help.
Now, my current problem, assuming that installing the GTS 450 I'm installing takes away having to worry about the default VGA mode and what not I still have another issue.

Here is my current issue. I am getting a ""ASUS Set-Up Value is NULL" Pop-Up every time Windows boots. I have gone ahead and downloaded all of latest drivers and newest BIOS for the board listed above. I haven't had a chance to install them yet but plan on doing that here shortly.
However, if that does not fix the problem, and I am still getting the "ASUS Set-UP Value is NULL" pop-up at the beginning, how should I go about troubleshooting the problem to figure out what is causing it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hmm.

1.did you install any related asus software junk or add-ons ?
If so please remove it with the folder

2.start task schedular and remove everything related to asus, including the folders

3.Have you tried disk clean up in windows to clear up any installation debris and check the registry for any problems ?

If it is a pop-up, does it specify the name of the executable it is trying to run which causes the pop-up?

If un-installing all the junk does not work, Just open msconfig and see if you can remove the reference to the executable.

Back
Top Bottom