Winamp and CPU usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaksback

Fully Optimized
I am wondering if its just my system or not, but i have this like SUPER LONG playlist that i let Winamp Pro play randomly. The mp3's are like 128kbps to 192kps on average but in my cpu usage it ranges from 50% up while playing the music....is this frickin normal. I don't like it, seems it shouldn't take so much cpu use to play mp3's. It tends to go up in higher kbps songs. I'm using the Stu 003 A3d out put plug in.

Try the DirectSound output.
My Winamp only uses 10-20% wich is on my slow comp.

Try using the classic skin also.

I have 15 thousand songs in my WinAmp queue, and it runs pretty fine.

I would suspect you have something going on in the background, either through a plug-in conversion, or the WinAmp music stat reporter going in the background (turn it off with the options), or spyware/virus.

Don't really know what to tell ya, else, besides going to the WinAmp forums. Maybe there's some techies on there who do api stuff for WinAmp hanging around. WinAmp is going defunct, so good luck on getting a fix if its a bug.

Do you have another other audio programs?

the direct sound output unfortunety does not allow sound to come out my rear speakers like the afore mention output plugin does.

I see you have an Audigy SC, which is definately capable of surround sound. You should update your drivers for it, and check that the speaker setup is set for surround with 4 (+) speakers.

WinAmp (if I remember right) also has some speaker setups which allow for more than 2 speakers.

try a different version of winamp maybe that will help... have you gone through the preferences and looked for anything that might be doing it? and how long of a list are we talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom