Computer starts but continuously rebooting

lepord

Solid State Member
Just got all the part yesterday for my computer build.

Asus Maximus iv Extreme-z
Intel 3770k
gtx 560
rosewell 1k watt psu
120 gb ocz ssd
Thermaltake bigwater 760 liquid cooling
G. Skills ripjaws 2x8gb ddr3 1600mhz

Currently do not have a cd drive or regular harddrive but that shouldnt effect this problem

So what happening is that everything starts up, fans, powersupply, liquid cooling. But after about 5 seconds it shuts down and reboots and continues to do this and I have talked to about 5 people now and we have no solution lol. Ive also unplugged the graphics card just so that wouldnt be a factor. Also redid all of the other connections just incase it was a bad connection.

After your BIOS splash, press F8 to get to the Windows boot menu. Select the option that says "Disable automatic restart on system failure" and continue booting. if you get a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death), post the info that it comes up with; specifically, the message in all caps at the top (e.g. IRQL_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL), and the STOP code at the bottom (a 0x000000## code), as well as the parameters next to the STOP code, and if there is a driver file mentioned below the STOP code (will be a file name that ends in .sys).

Cant even get to that point, it honestly boots up for about 5 seconds then shuts off.

Strip down to your bare essentials:

CPU (and fan), 1 stick of RAM, GPU, and PSU. See if you can boot up with just those connected.

Also, try clearing your BIOS. Do this by unplugging the computer from power, press the power button a few times to drain excess stored energy, and then remove the silver coin battery from the motherboard for 30-seconds to a few minutes. Place the battery back in, plug back in, and try to boot back up.

and the cpu has built in graphics so i dont even have my card plugged in to avoid that being the issue.

Heres a video to maybe help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYBcv48h3sg (turned the fan up all the way so you can tell when its powered) and around the 40 second mark it does a quick shut down and I dont know why it does that either.

Ok, on your board in the top-right corner... the status code counter. When it shuts down, is it saying 22 or F2?

f2. its a system recovery code.

I figured out how to keep it running, just none of those numbers work and the board doesnt load anything lmao. But that doesnt help much

F2 - Recovery Process Started

Apparently your board keeps trying to go into recovery mode and tries to reboot... You said you already tried to clear CMOS, right?

Back
Top Bottom