Need Local (Phoenix, AZ) help to finish first computer build!

Flyingguy

Beta member
Hello;
I would like to find an expert (In Phoenix, AZ) to helpfinish loading the software and drivers for my SSD & HDD to operate and optimizecorrectly. I believe it should take less than 2 hours to do this! This is myfirst computer build and getting these two HD's to work together is over my head. Iwill gladly pay someone for the time spent doing this work however, I donot want to sign a service agreement. Iwill gladly drive the unit to your location.
Thank you,

Computer build:
MOBO: P8 Z68-VPRO
CASE: Thermaltake VL 10001W2 Z
VIDEO: Asus HD 6670
CPU: i72700K
SSD: CorsairForce SATA3 60GB
HHD: Seagate 1TB

You know we can always help you if you're wanting to know specific questions, and get this... for free! ;)

your lucky as hell, I'm actually visiting my parents in AZ. I can help you do this for free if you like, only bad thing I'm in Litchfield Park and I do not have a car. So I would have to be picked up and dropped off lol.

^^^ You should really just email him your phone number lol.. You put it on a public forum ;).

^^^ You should really just email him your phone number lol.. You put it on a public forum ;).

Oh trust me wasn't planning on leaving that up there, those damn women are stalkers lol. Here is some things you should change for your ssd

Tips for Windows / in general

- Partition alignment: yes
- Defragmentation: no (defgramention does nothing for ssd)
- Indexing: no
- Swapfile on ssd: yes (I actually turned this off because it shortens the life of the ssd, it is supposed to be a big gain though)
- Under-partitioning: choice of user
- Software caching: yes to JMicron, other ssd's: choice of user
- Wipe (OCZ): Yes, but not until Windows 7 TRIM raid and support
- Raid controller: choice of user
- AHCI: preferably enabled

SSD's are said to have a 10 year life span?
how much can you shorten it's life by using a swap file on it?

I honestly dont think a SSD will last 10 yrs, a buddy of mind that uses his pc as much if not more than me his went out less than 6 months of use. We use our pc everyday for at least 6 hrs a day though.

I have tried, several times to get this corrected without any success. At this point I am frustrated and just want to get this done. I do appreciate you asking.

Thanks,

Back
Top Bottom