First build compatibility and review help!

botisto

Beta member
Hi all, I'm building my first gaming PC, I'm by no means a serious gamer so am keeping it cheap, but would like a general system that will last me and stay very cool as I live in a hot climate. I also wouldn't mind some upgrade potential for the future, dual GPU etc. I need some advice from the more experience as to whether this will all fit together without any compatibility problems and if anyone would recommend any alternative parts. I was thinking of having the CPU permanently mildly overclocked to around 4GHz. My proposed build is:

-Antec TWELVE HUNDRED Full Tower Gaming Case
-Intel Core i5 3570K LGA1155 CPU 3.4Ghz 6Mb Cache Ivy Bridge
-Cooler Master V8 HeatPipe Universal Cooler
-Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Grease
-Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H MB, Intel Z77 Chipset, Socket 1155, 4x DDR3
-G Skill 8G(2x4G)DDR3 2133Mhz PC3-17000 CL9(F3-17000CL9D-8GBXM)
-Sapphire HD7850 OC 2G 256Bit GDDR5 PCIE3.0 DVI HDMI 2*MiniDSP
-Seagate SATA3 3TB 7200RPM Barracuda 64mb Cache
-Samsung 22X DVDRW Black SATA
-Antec 850W CP850 ATX PSU For TWELVE-HUNDRED P183 P193 ONLY
-And I also already have an Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI Express audio card and a PCI Wi-Fi card and a couple more HDDs that will be going in as well

Also, the cost of all this is a bit higher then I was after so was considering dropping to an Antec Nine Hundred case and a cheaper PSU such as Thermaltake Litepower 700W ATX to save a bit of $. I would love to have a Twelve Hundred though so should i just stay with the 12 and quality PSU or is that way overkill?

And I can get three different types of the G Skill 8GB 2133Mhz ram for the same price and have no idea which is best, so which do I want out of....
F3-17000CL9D-8GBXM or
F3-2133C9D-8GAB or
F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL ?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Doesn't look bad. My only worry is 1 big hard drive. I've always been leary on just 1 big drive. I like 1 OS drive, and 1 for my files.

Toss a 120Gig SSD in there, amnd it look nice.

I have no insight on the ram though, sorry.

1200 is beastly and I miss mine. You don't need 850w for this rig though. You could get away with a 650w Corsair or a 700w TT BUT make it a Toughpower.
The CM V8 is rubbish IMO. I have one collecting dust in my closet and it didn't even cool my old 939 dualy that well. I suggest something a bit more realistic if you plan for such a mild OC. Hyper 212, H50, ect.

Get the first RAM kit in your list. Reason being, it has cas of 9 and an XMP profile so you don't have to OC using the bclk at all to reach 2133.

Cheers for the tip on the RAM, had no idea what the codes meant, and that's probably a good point re the CPU cooler. I was keen on the antec 850 PSU because It's basically a Signature PSU for half the price and fits the case like a glove, and I can get the antec for the same price as a 700watt TT toughpower so might as well just stick with the antec. And I was considering a SSD but the system's already costing more then I would like and I'm not too fussed about start up times

Cheers for the tip on the RAM, had no idea what the codes meant, and that's probably a good point re the CPU cooler. I was keen on the antec 850 PSU because It's basically a Signature PSU for half the price and fits the case like a glove, and I can get the antec for the same price as a 700watt TT toughpower so might as well just stick with the antec. And I was considering a SSD but the system's already costing more then I would like and I'm not too fussed about start up times
You can pretty much fit a nuclear power plant in that case, so size isn't much of an issue lol.

I'm more afraid of viruses with my os and storage on a single drive.

Back
Top Bottom