180 GB OCZ Agility

pro2a

In Runtime
:devil:

I felt the need to flaunt my most recent purchase. I picked it up for $139 on Newegg... One of their shell shocker deals. It has 525/500mb/s read/write speed respectively and it is BLAZING fast. Boot time from power button to desktop is about 30 seconds now. That is even quicker then my previous SSD (Which I still have). So far, I'd recommend it, I like OCZ products, they seem to be good quality for a good price.

Prices are back up on them now, but I got a steal :D

Newegg.com - OCZ Agility 3 AGT3-25SAT3-180G 2.5" 180GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

:devil:

I felt the need to flaunt my most recent purchase. I picked it up for $139 on Newegg... One of their shell shocker deals. It has 525/500mb/s read/write speed respectively and it is BLAZING fast. Boot time from power button to desktop is about 30 seconds now. That is even quicker then my previous SSD (Which I still have). So far, I'd recommend it, I like OCZ products, they seem to be good quality for a good price.

Prices are back up on them now, but I got a steal :D

Newegg.com - OCZ Agility 3 AGT3-25SAT3-180G 2.5" 180GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
I guess boot times are dependent on RAM and CPU speed too. My boot time from cold to desktop (including password) is 25.6 seconds on a Vertex 2.

I've never bothered timing my bootup speed, since a good 10 seconds is annoyingly taken up by BIOS stuff (the screen for 'press blah blah to enter setup appears multiple times).

I've never bothered timing my bootup speed, since a good 10 seconds is annoyingly taken up by BIOS stuff (the screen for 'press blah blah to enter setup appears multiple times).
Mine is so quick that sometimes I have to reboot because it flashes by and I forget to hit the delete key.

My work was testing a bunch of 40 gig intels for server application, and once they were done gave them up for cheap!

I watched my boot up time go from a minute or two to about 20-30 secs; however, I agree with Yami that the BIOS thing is annoying. I hear Windows 8 will not have any BIOS so that should go away...

I definitely am happy SSDs are sub $1/gig now and am looking to pick up one for games very soon...

I think he's referring to how tablets coming with Windows 8 will just load the very bare minimum when booting; if you want to go into the 'full' BIOS you have to choose that option in the Shutdown menu in Windows 8.

I think he's referring to how tablets coming with Windows 8 will just load the very bare minimum when booting; if you want to go into the 'full' BIOS you have to choose that option in the Shutdown menu in Windows 8.

Correct - I don't know the specifics but desktops alike should have this feature as well - at least from what I last read. I plan to keep Win 7 and skip Win 8 as I see it more as a touch interface rather anything worthwhile for gaming applications.

Back
Top Bottom